Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Life as a Mouse

Ok, ok, look right. Look left. Right again. Ok, road clear. Cross.

“MEOW!!!”

Dammit!! The damn furball is back again. Where the heck is the stupid cat hiding this time? So, you wanna play hide and seek, eh? Fine. I can’t see you, but I can smell your stink. Hmm…where does the smell come from, the one that is a mixture of the stink of rotten tuna and a cat’s bad breath?
Uh-oh! He’s there, right behind me.

Good gracious!!! This cat surely haven’t heard about Cat-sterine. Just the stink of his smelly mouth would kill me. Hell, no. Not gonna allow that. I shall live to die another day. Now, time to escape-James Bond style.

Nah, I changed my mind. It’ll be more fun to irritate it first.

What, you’re worried? Hey, what’s life without some adventure, eh?

Oh, Fluffy…Come here…come, come. Come catch me. I’m right in front of you.

“Meow…”

Spank.

Ouch!!

Wachaa!!! Haiyah!!!

Oh, dear. My taekwando skills seems to leave no effect on Fluffy. I thought martial arts is all about the technique and skills, not the physical strength. Oh, I know the problem. I need a strategy.

Here comes my attacks.

Front kick, side kick and a back trust. Next, the hand attacks, Knife hand! Oh, he’s going to strike me. Hand block. Once more. Time to kick, Haiyah! Finally, the strongest, a twist of the arm, a side step to change position, and wham! I throw him to the floor. He’s flat on his back.

Eh, why do I seem to be in air? I can’t fly, can I? Who cares anyway. He’s down, and I’m up. that’s good news. I’ve made him lie helpless on his back-in my imagination.

None of my attacks worked.

I am indeed up while he’s down, but that’s not good news. I am up in his grip. His fury grip.

“Meoooooooooowwwww!”

I’m in trouble. The time has come for me to give my death speech.

I, Micey, hereby leave all my possessions to the hamsters owned by the giant humans. I’ve always appreciated the friendship offered by the hamsters. It means a lot to me. The both of you were the only ones to treat me well. Though I have nothing but deep loathing towards your human owners, I hold no hard feelings against you.

The humans are horrible and selfish. I only need a few bites of their cheese or bread. What difference does these few bites make? They should learn to treat their inferiors with more respect and sympathy. They shouldn’t be picking fights with a creature as cute and adorable as me. I’m so much smaller than them. And the horrible lady. What a scary-cat she is. Nothing surprising there seeing that she owns a cat. Why does she need to scream on top of her lungs each time she sees me? I am just a mice, not a ghost. Not yet at least.

“Meeeeeeow!”

Cats must be really dumb creatures. The only word in their active vocabulary is ‘meow’. I’ve never heard any cats muttering anything else. And it is beyond my imagination why humans adore them so much. Well, I won’t be alive to find out. The moment has come for me to bid farewell to this world. I will no longer taste the delicious cheese which I am so fond of. I will never have the chance to really tell the hamsters how much they really mean to me. I will never get to run around this house and I will never see my lovely home again.

Dump!

Oooouch! The cat just threw me to the floor.

Smack!

Oh, my head hurts.

Oh, dear. This is sure to finish me off. Fluffy is going to bite me. No,no, I can’t watch this.

He grabs me again and I am being brought closer and closer to his mouth. The stink of his breath is getting stronger now. I can see his yellowish teeth more clear than ever, and it seems so big- and sharp. I feel like the size of his teeth has been magnified ten times. Now half my head is in his mouth. Is he going to munch me? God, this is scary!!

“GRRRRR….WOOF!!!”

I get chucked to the floor. It hurts, but who cares? At least I get to live to tell the tale. Buddy, you’re the greatest dog on earth. Your timing could not have been more perfect. I shall be forever grateful.
Without a moment’s hesitation, I dash to my house. And though the dog is to growling, Fluffy chases after me. I manage to get into my house, he only manages to get his fat nose stuck in my tiny whole. Kahkahkah!! Serve you right, Fluffy.

That was seriously close. However, I will have to risk my life again to steal some food for survival. I have no choice. This is my life as a mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment