Saturday, March 19, 2011

Of Lion King!!!

When i was young, I really loved Walt Disney cartoons, especially Lion King and Aladdin. This hasn't changed. Till this day, i still love both these cartoons way above all others. I remember having a Lion King T-shirt when i was a child and it was one of my favourite t-shirts. everytime it was clean, i just had to wear it. It had a picture of Simba and Nala i think. My favourite character back then used to be Nala (now i prefer the hyenas...they're just super amusing!)

We outgrow clothes and toys but sometimes there are just some things you'll never outgrow. For me it is these two cartoons. When I am down or stressed and need some cheer, i just play these cartoons and for the period of time that it is playing, I return to the state of a child, where worry and tension are two unknown matters and my only concern is the 'happily ever after' that comes in the end of the cartoon. Sometimes, it takes innocent cartoons like this to remind us that when life gets so hard and unbearable, it is just temporary and that in the end, something good will come out of it as long as we ourselves are the good ones and not the bad ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment