Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Hola 2011!

So it's the New Year. Goodbye 2010 and welcome 2011.

2010 has been a wonderful year for me. After dreaming of studying overseas ever since i was a child, i finally have my dream come true. I've experienced autumn and winter. And best of all, i've experienced snowfall and even made snowman. My trip to Ireland was wonderful too. The whole highlight of 2010 for me was to pass my foundation and make it to UK and i've succeeded. As for my results, well, it wasn't exactly as high or as good as i wanted it to be but it's the first time i can say, i have done quite well after getting horrible results for the past 4 years (i'm a total dope when it come to science). Also, I've been slowly rising out of all my troubles and the traumatic experiences I've had in the recent years and i can proudly proclaim that now, the real Safiya is finally back- stronger than ever. Yes, it took me some time but at least in all those time it cost I didn't really screw up my life or make any decisions which i will regret later on. Despite being down, I'm stil on the right track. Basically i have to say that 2010 was a good year for me. the only bad thing that happened was me falling rather ill during the holidays. hey, that's normal. I fall ill at least once a year, who doesnt?? Also, in 2010 i finally learn a very important lesson in life. I have learned to forgive others. I am not yet an expert in forgiving, but now, it's so much easier for me to forgive people and i find that i feel happier when i forgive. Besides, i think i'm learning to keep my emotions (the negative ones) at bay too. I'm starting to be more rational and less emotional, and I hope in the years to come, I will continue improving myself.

Goodbye 2010. You were a very good year for me. After having few direct 'bad years', you finally lit up my life once more. Thank you.

So with a happy heart and renewed spirits, I'm ready to face 2011! May you bring me and all those around me joy after each sadness, strength after every pain and hardship and most importantly good health and never ending faith. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment